Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Deep blue sea, darlin'

Day 16

What up, beach! Sunday, we took the most relaxing trip to the Volta region to see where the river flows into the sea. I need a geologist to explain to me how a freshwater river can kiss a sea without becoming salty. I have a feeling the answer is obvious, but it just boggles my mind!

Boarding our boats!

Sweetest ladies! Lauren, Joelle, Kelsey, and Shelby.

There are some pretty fancy pads in this area! It's a picturesque place to live, just keep scrolling...

It doesn't look like much, but this is it! The river is calm until it meets the ocean, if you can see those crazy waves off to the right side of the photo.

The trees are all painted to look like the Ghanaian flag!


The kids here know how to shake it.




Shell-collecting! :)

The waves gave us a beat down.

Rna, Ridhi, and I. Frizzballs!

Bet you'd never guess I was pretending that rope hammock wasn't digging into my skin.

We nearly were caught by this storm!

Okay, we were. Rain and sea spray got us good. (Adelaide, I love you. You're so stinkin' cute I can't stand it.)

Nante yie!
Gabi


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and it makes me feel good to see you!

    xoxox
    Maman

    ReplyDelete